While most practices understand the importance of coding, there are still many practices that do not fully grasp the importance of compliant coding. Not only does inaccurate coding cost you revenue, but it also puts your practice at risk of severe penalties from the OIG.
Improper or incomplete coding costs medical practices millions of dollars every year and is something that can be easily corrected with the proper oversight and training. One of the most common mistakes is found in the office note and clinical documentation. There is also this prevailing misconception that you can just code a level 3 E&M visit if you have not fully documented. The fact is, you should not code anything without documented substantiation.
We conduct regular coding audits to ensure that practices are maximizing revenue and coding according to the latest regulations. Majority of our audits find areas that upon improving will significantly boost revenue. We provide physicians with a cheat sheet and training to make coding correctly as easy as possible. With Health Care reform on the horizon, you can be sure that the OIG inspections will be stepped up. It is better to be safe than sorry, especially considering the low cost of our audits.
In our audits:
- We verify the E&M visit level
- Check for the proper application of Modifiers, CPT, & ICD-9 codes
- We verify documentation to substantiate all services
- We provide your practice with an analysis of our findings with recommended ways of improvement. Our analysis includes ways to ensure you are charging for the right E&M visit level.
- We also can, upon request, create a custom office note template that will allow you to take the guesswork out of coding.
**Coding Audit Pricing-Complete this short form to receive our current pricing**